This post started out many hours ago as just one word - INTERCESSION. But the anointing for prayer on me today has caused it to evolve into a labor of love, and into something that I think is very important right now, for many reasons. It's very lengthy, and at the time of this addition there are 8 comments already posted; but I'm going to leave it here through tomorrow (which is Body Builders day, by the way), and I would like to get a lot of feedback on it. Please take the time to read it over the next couple of days, and add your AMEN if you are on the page with me...and feel free to add your own personal prayer requests. Let us pray...
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and human beings, Christ Jesus, himself human, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. (I Timothy 2:1-6 – TNIV)
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! May they prosper who love you [the Holy City]!
(Psalms 122:6 – AMP)
We pray for the conflict between Palestine and Israel, and for many on both sides who are broken and anxious in body, mind and spirit. We pray for a political solution in Israel and Palestine based on truth and justice...for mutual recognition of Palestinians and Israelis, and for reconciliation between the two peoples. We pray for Israelis and Palestinians, and especially their leaders, for a new determination to build bridges of hope rather than fortresses of dogma. We pray for peace activists who courageously stand against injustice, terrorism and human rights violations...for openness and mutual respect among all the Children of Abraham...
Christians, Jews and Muslims. We pray that people all over the world may encourage the people of the Holy Land to make peace.
In the Name of Jesus, the Prince of Peace
Don't read more into this part than is my intention...
I absolutely believe and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, and that every tongue will eventually believe and confess that, as well, as every knee eventually bows to him in worship ("All the earth shall worship You..." - Psalms 66:4). I believe that as He was lifted up on the cross, He began the process of drawing all peoples to Himself, and that His Spirit will be poured out on all humanity. But in light of what I said about the religions of the world this past Sunday, and because of what is in my spirit today about intercession, I want to post these prayers for peace from various religions (in alphabetical order). I pray that you will hear me by the Spirit, and that you will agree with me today in prayer for our world...
BAHA'I PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity.Be fair in thy judgement, and guarded in thy speech. Be a lamp unto those who walk in darkness, and a home to the stranger. Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring. Be a breath of life to the body of humankind, a dew to the soil of the human heart, and a fruit upon the tree of humility.
BUDDHIST PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their illnesses.May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free. May the powerless find power, and may people think of befriending one another. May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wildernesses— the children, the aged, the unprotected---be guarded by beneficent celestials, and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.
CHRISTIAN PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they shall be known as the Children of God. But I say to you that hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To those who strike you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from those who take away your cloak, do not withhold your coat as well. Give to everyone who begs from you, and of those who take away your goods, do not ask them again. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
HINDU PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...Oh God, lead us from the unreal to the Real. Oh God, lead us from darkness to light. Oh God, lead us from death to immortality. Shanti, Shanti, Shanti unto all. Oh Lord God almighty, may there be peace in celestial regions. May there be peace on earth. May the waters be appeasing. May herbs be wholesome, and may trees and plants bring peace to all. May all beneficent beings bring peace to us. May thy Vedic Law propagate peace all through the world. May all things be a source of peace to us. And may thy peace itself, bestow peace on all, and may that peace come to me also.
JAINIST PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...Peace and Universal Love is the essence of the Gospel preached by all the Enlightened Ones.The Lord has preached that equanimity is the Dharma. Forgive do I creatures all, and let all creatures forgive me. Unto all have I amity, and unto none enmity. Know that violence is the root cause of all miseries in the world. Violence, in fact, is the knot of bondage.
"Do not injure any living being." This is the eternal, perennial, and unalterable way of spiritual life. A weapon howsoever powerful it may be, can always be superseded by a superior one; but no weapon can, however, be superior to non-violence and love.
JEWISH PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...Come let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
that we may walk the paths of the Most High. And we shall beat our swords into ploughshares, and our spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation — neither shall they learn war any more. And none shall be afraid,
for the mouth of the Lord of Hosts has spoken.
MUSLIM PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful. Praise be to the Lord of the Universe who has created us and made us into tribes and nations, that we may know each other, not that we may despise each other. If the enemy incline towards peace, do thou also incline towards peace, and trust in God, for the Lord is the one that heareth and knoweth all things. And the servants of God, Most Gracious are those who walk on the Earth in humility, and when we address them, we say "PEACE."
NATIVE AFRICAN PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...Almighty God, the Great Thumb we cannot evade to tie any knot; the Roaring Thunder that splits mighty trees: the all-seeing Lord up on high who sees even the footprints of an antelope on a rockmass here on Earth. You are the one who does not hesitate to respond to our call. You are the cornerstone of peace.
NATIVE AMERICAN PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...O Great Spirit of our Ancestors, I raise my pipe to you. To your messengers the four winds, and to Mother Earth who provides for your children. Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love, to respect, and to be kind to each other so that they may grow with peace in mind. Let us learn to share all the good things you provide for us on this Earth.
SHINTO PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...Although the people living across the ocean surrounding us, I believe, are all our brothers and sisters,
why are there constant troubles in this world? Why do winds and waves rise in the ocean surrounding us? I only earnestly wish that the wind will soon puff away
all the clouds which are hanging over the tops of the mountains.
SIKH PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...God adjudges us according to our deeds, not the coat that we wear: that Truth is above everything, but higher still is truthful living. Know that we attaineth God when we loveth, and only that victory endures in consequence of which no one is defeated. Know that we attain God when we love, and only that victory endures in consequence of which no one is defeated.
SUFI PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...O Almighty Sun, whose light clears away all clouds, We take refuge in you. Guide of all people, God of all deities, Lord of all angels, We pray you to dispel the mists of illusion from the hearts of the nations And lift their lives by your all-sufficient power, Your ever shining light, your everlasting life, Your heavenly joy and your perfect peace.
ZOROASTRIAN PRAYER FOR PEACE...
...We pray to God to eradicate all the misery in the world: that understanding triumph over ignorance, that generosity triumph over indifference, that trust triumph over contempt, and that truth triumph over falsehood.
THE ULTIMATE PRAYER FOR PEACE
John, Chapter 17 (John In The Now)
1. After Jesus had finished speaking to his disciples, He looked up toward the infinite sky and said, “Father, the time has come for You to bring glory to Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify You.
2. “You have granted Him full authority over all the people of the earth, and You have given them to Him so that He might give them all eternal life.
3. “And this fulfills the purpose of eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the manifestation of Your physical presence on the earth.
4. “I brought glory to You in this dimension by doing everything that You told Me to do.
5. “And now, Father, bring Me back into the eternal now, so that I may exist in the glory that We shared before the world began.
6. “I have told these men who have followed Me all about You. Their perception was limited, having been shaped by the current world’s system, but You gave them to Me and now they have been freed from the smallness of their previous mindset by obeying Your word.
7. “They know that everything that I have came from You.
8. “I just told them exactly what You told Me, and it convinced them that I came from You and that You sent Me here.
9. “Right now I am not praying for the whole world, but for those whom You have given to be My followers, because they know that they belong to You.
10. “All that I have is Yours, and all that You have is mine, and the glory of that connection has now included them in its manifestation.
11. “I will no longer remain in this dimension or in this physical incarnation, but they are still in the physical realm of space and time. I am returning to the eternal now to be reintegrated with and in You, but I pray, Holy Father, that You keep through Your name those whom You have given Me. I pray that, even though they continue to live and move in the physical world, they will be able to transcend its finite limitations and be one with each other, even as We are.
12. “While I was with them in the physical world, I kept them safe and intact in Your name. I carefully guarded them, and not one of them was lost to My circle of influence, except for that one who just seemed bent on destruction. But his rebellion only served to fulfill the Scriptures.
13. “I am on My way back into the eternal now, but I want to say these things while I am still in this physical incarnation. If I say these things as the Son of Man, it will make it possible for them to also say these kinds of things, so that they can know the joy of being manifested as Sons of God.
14. “I have told them Your message, but they are hated by those mental prisoners of the world-system, because they don’t belong to that system in any way, just as I don’t.
15. “Father, I don’t ask that you take My followers out of the world, because it would defeat the entire purpose of My coming here if You should allow them to become escapists. I only pray that they be kept safe from the phantom menace.
16. “They are misfits in this world – strangers to its present mindset – just like Me.
17. “So let them find shelter in the truth of Your word; it is the only place where they can live now that they have been with Me.
18. “As You sent Me into this dimension, I am sending them into it – into the fullness of it.
19. “I have given Myself completely for their sake – becoming absolutely absorbed into them – so that they may become absolutely absorbed into the truth.
20. “But I do not pray for these alone…these who know Me as I am, here and now. But I pray for those everywhere and in every dimension of time, including those in the future, who will ultimately believe in Me through their witness and their word.
21. “And I pray that they all may be one in the now...all around this world of yours, not just the ones here in this time and place. Make them all one as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You. Integrate them as You and I are integrated – unified, in harmony, inseparable.
22. “I have actually given them the glory that You gave Me, so that it would be possible for them to be one, even as We are.
23. “I have become one with them in the same way that You are one with Me, so that they may become completely one. This unification – this melding and merging of separate entities into a perfect oneness – is the thing that will ultimately show the whole world that You sent Me. They will all see that You love My followers as much as You love Me.
24. “Father, I truly want everyone You have given Me to be with Me…wherever I am…so that they will see, first-hand, the glory that You have given Me because You loved Me in the now…before the world of space and time was created.
25. “Righteous Father, the people of the world at large don’t know the real You, but I know You, and now the ones who have followed Me know that You sent Me.
26. “And I have revealed You to them and will continue to reveal You through the coming manifestation of the Holy Spirit. I am committed to continuing this revelation so that your love for Me may be in them and that I, Myself, may be in them, as well.”
Touch the screen and let's agree...
"Truly I tell you, whatever you forbid and declare to be improper and unlawful on earth must be what is already forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit and declare proper and lawful on earth must be what is already permitted in heaven. Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven. For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My name, there I AM in the midst of them."(Matthew 18:18 - 20 AMP)