12. “During this upheaval, brother will betray his brother to death, and a father will even betray his own child…children will rebel against their parents and cause them to be killed.
13. For a time it will seem as though everyone hates you because you are My followers. But whoever endures until the end of this period of testing will find that their salvation is real, durable, and fully intact.
14. The day is coming when you will see the sacrilege and the appalling abomination spoken of by the prophet Daniel…the desecration set up in the Temple sanctuary, where he should not be…watch for this, because when this city and Temple are destroyed, those in Judea must flee to the hills.
15. A person out on the deck of his or her roof must not go down into the house to pack or to even collect any belongings.
16. A person working out in the field must not return even to grab a coat.
17. And worse, yet, is how terrible it will be for pregnant women and for nursing mothers during that period.
18. Even though this is inevitable, you should pray that it won't happen during the winter.
19. What’s about to happen to this Temple…this city…this nation... will be on a scale beyond what the known world has ever seen since the beginning of creation, or will see again.
20. In fact, unless the Lord intervenes and shortens that time of calamity, not a single person in this nation will survive…but for the sake of those who have responded positively to His choosing He will mercifully limit the number of those days.”
The painting at the top of the post is The Destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, Under the Command of Titus, A.D. 70