38. Then Jesus and His disciples went on their way, and they came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to Him in a show of hospitality.
39. And Martha had a sister named Mary, who sat at Jesus' feet, listening intently to everything He said.
40. But Martha, in an effort to be a good hostess...and to make Jesus and His disciples feel comfortable in her home...became distracted by all the preparations that had to be made for dinner. So she came to Him and said, "Lord, does it not bother you to see that my inconsiderate sister has left me to do the work in the kitchen all by myself? It certainly bothers me! Tell her to get busy and help me!"
41. Unmoved, Jesus replied, "Oh Martha...Martha...you are worried and upset about so many trivial and unimportant things.
42. You should re-prioritize, and embrace the fact that only one thing is really necessary...and your sister, Mary, has chosen that one, superior thing! And the thing that she has chosen will never be taken away from her."