20. On another occasion, the Pharisees asked Jesus when the Kingdom of God would come. He replied, "The Kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation...with setting dates...or counting the days on the calendar...in fact, you can't even see it with the physical eye.
21. And no one can ever say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the Kingdom of God is within human hearts and minds...why, it's even within you Pharisees!
22. Then he turned and said to His disciples, "The time will come when you'll want to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you won't see it.
23. People will, no doubt, tell you, 'There He is!' or 'Here He is!' Don't bother to go running off after them.
24. For the Son of Man in His day will be revealed, and His revelation will come like lightning flashing...the kind that lights up the sky from one end to the other.
25. But first, it is inevitable that He must suffer many things, and even be rejected by this generation.
26. Then destruction will come on this nation, and it will be just as it was in the days of Noah. But the end result will be the days of the revelation of the Son of Man.
27. Prior to the flood, people were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage, right up to the day that Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and brought destruction.
28. The same was in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. Life there was going on as usual.
29. But the very day that Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from the sky and destroyed them all.
30. It will be like this on the day the power of the Son of Man is revealed to this nation.
31. When that destruction comes, no one who is on the roof of his house with his goods inside should even take the time to go down to get them. In the same way, no one who is out working in the field should go back for anything.
32. To sum it up...just remember Lot's wife!
33. As I've said before, whoever tries to keep his life will end up losing it, and whoever loses his life will ultimately preserve it.
34. I tell you that when that happens, 'two men', as it were, will be in one bed...one will be taken, one left behind. The full revelation of the Son of Man will take away from you the man that needs to be purged, and will leave behind the real you...the righteous you...the man that He has chosen.
35. In the same way, 'two women' will be grinding at the mill...one will be taken in the Son of Man's flood, so to speak...the part of that woman that is subject to His judgment...but one...the real one...will be mercifully left behind, safe in the ark of His redemption.
36. And 'two men' will be working in the field...likewise, one will be taken, and the other will be left intact, safe and sound."
37. "Where is that place of redemption, Lord?" they asked. He replied, "Where the carcass is...in the same way that a gathering of vultures indicates that there is something dead nearby, so these signs will reveal that the end of an era is near."