Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Recent Facebook Postings...













"Acquire the courage to believe in yourself. Many of the things that you have been taught were at one time the radical ideas of individuals who had the courage to believe what their own hearts and minds told them was true, rather than accept the common beliefs of their day." - Ching Ning Chu

Bill Gaither













Gloria Gaither













Reba Rambo-McGuire













Mark Lowry













Southeastern University













Three times I did that, and then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness.
(2 Corinthians 12:8, 9 - The Message)

Sometimes u just have 2 let a thing go...talking it out is generally helpful, but there r some situations that just r what they r, & all the talking n the world isn't going 2 change them...that apology u've waited 4 may not b coming...u may not ever b able 2 make that other person c ur point...u may never understand what went wrong n a relationship...maybe it's just time 2 get over it & move on...let go & let God...

"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W.C. Fields

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
(1 Peter 5:7 - Amplified Bible)

I don't know how else to say this, but it's obviously and apparently necessary...to anyone and everyone that I've offended, disappointed, angered, confused, hurt, or affected negatively in any way, I sincerely apologize and ask for your forgiveness...it certainly was never my intention to do any such things, and if I'm made aware of what I've done to you I will try to make it right...

Why is there an obnoxious track of 'One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus' playing non-stop in my head today? I need to listen to some good music and get another and different melody stuck in there (although the message of said song is definitely relevant)...as I've daid before, "Manna" (daily bread) is not a noun, it's literally the question "What is it?"...wow...that's definitely the question for today...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear ya Bish....

Love Ya Bro

ver word is "stsomp' st=stop sign + Stomp=it out somp=some people st o p =stop that's a Humm er you always wanted one Bish....

Unknown said...

Dont know what it is but this word verification thing always gets me. the word this time is "prodeste" take the e off and you have "podest" which is latin for "benifits"....
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cui_prodest%3F
OK I'm goin to bed now unless that word ver thing does something really weird...

Peace,
Pastor Dennis

Unknown said...

Good morning everyone, Be blessed in the LORD and in the POWER of His Spirit go out and exhibit the Spirit and Faith of Christ to save the world: Your faith with His Faith, from faith to faith; even faith in His faith in you; to enable you to show forth in ever-increasing unceasing limitless love and grace to all as you parade the Power, Prosperity and Authority of the Kingdom of God for all to see beholding the beauty and magnificence of Christ in you the hope of humanity and the Glory of God with us.

Peace,
Pastor Dennis

Unknown said...

Great smiles...making music is clearly a fun thing to do!

Pastor Dennis, guess its no secret I enjoy the wordvers too...this one is no exception: allisoro -- "All, I sor"-ry ...

These “more recent postings” inspire a LOT of thoughts...for now I'll go with the one wordver is on.

Apologies are interesting, even, like relationships, complicated things. I'm reminded of the controversy and conversations that seemed to literally explode around the line “Love means never having to say you’re sorry” when the movie “Love Story” made that thought public—even articles in the newspapers picked it up. What I see now, but didn’t then, is that all the circles I was in ever discussed was our own position of expectation without ever coming to an understanding of each other.

It’s easy to see now that an apology has to be real...not asked for, not expected, not manipulated for [which is a whole other thought for later]...or it just feeds the complications; and I see better now that no apology, with the hope that the person will deal with their own issues, can be a huge, difficult to give or receive gift.

More than anything though, I see that the questions then were black or white...it was either love or not love. Now I see that there are levels of understanding. From the ideal of Agape--love me as I am while I work out my own salvation, I’ll love you as you are while you do the same--is just that…the ideal. Most currently manifested love is somewhere below that.

I also now see that as I take any pain from “you”, working out your salvation, to God...He shows me it’s actually ALL Love...and THAT is a trip!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly Wilson said...

Thanks Bishop for the awesome reminder! I so needed that scripture of 1 Peter 5:7. We have had massive staff cuts in our department this week and several of us are left behind, although having jobs-we are overwhelmed with loss and having more work than what seems humanly possible for those of us who are left to be able do. My comfort will come from the Lord. I will stop worrying and trust.

Anonymous said...

This cheery illustrated rendition of the Beatles' classic, "All You Need is Love" is sure to turn your frown upside down.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/17/all-you-need-is-love.aspx

I especially like the part at the end where the word "NO" becomes the word "NOW"...becomes the word "KNOW"...very prophetic

Unknown said...

Anon @8:00am...I just got a moment to check out the link you posted...yes, smile worthy, creative and good music...I agree on the prophetic No-Now-Know.

I liked the "words" battling with the finger-pointing hand, epecially since I was going to come back to discussing the ubiquitous manipulation we humans are so easily wrapped up in...but I've got John's song in my head...think I'll stay there for a while.

I will say though that a member of the Body helped me answer a "what is it?!" question yesterday. It was a manipulation...but once it was named, I could see the way to peace...and got my focus back on my relationship with God. Man, that sucker HAD me...but truth from the BOC set me free.

Anonymous said...

My truth this morning...
God has no desire for me to be perfect - this by definition would negate my need for others - so in essence striving for perfection is anti-Christ (against the Body of Christ)
He does however desire me to seek and live in excellence which is the fulfillment of and connection to His will in all areas of my life.
Father, today and every day, my desire is to flow in Your will...as my power of agreement with Your will flows in me and through me today, I will enjoy an effortless life...