Friday, May 14, 2010

PERSPECTIVE

Don't imagine us leaders to be something we aren't. We are servants of Christ, not his masters. We are guides into God's most sublime secrets, not security guards posted to protect them. The requirements for a good guide are reliability and accurate knowledge. It matters very little to me what you think of me, even less where I rank in popular opinion. I don't even rank myself. Comparisons in these matters are pointless. I'm not aware of anything that would disqualify me from being a good guide for you, but that doesn't mean much. The Master makes that judgment.

So don't get ahead of the Master and jump to conclusions with your judgments before all the evidence is in. When he comes, he will bring out in the open and place in evidence all kinds of things we never even dreamed of—inner motives and purposes and prayers. Only then will any one of us get to hear the "Well done!" of God.

(I Corinthians 4:1-4, The Message)

10 comments:

River said...

So true in reality we are all deliverers of His word once we hear it. We are His examples and only He can judge us. We are here to help each other, to love and care for one another. in doing this we will see the Kingdom key's in action.

I see the Father as the house and each of us are keys he sent to the world to show each other a different door to Him.

One day we will all come to Him through whatever doorway the key opened.

Melissa Hall said...

a deep resounding, "yes, amen and selah".....

Anonymous said...

Gina Lynn Goff Vesely said...

Awesome Truth... thanx for the reminder!! If only a few more 'leaders' took a minute to read that this week and meditate on it a few more...!

TheCenturion said...

The Master judges You as pure and holy; righteous, perfect in The One. ...lead on.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I like this passage in the Message. I'm reminded of Paul saying "only Demas remains" and that leads to guessing here that he was dealing with a LOT of judgment. What E.Peterson heard in these verses, the added dimension he considered in what IS required, particularly speaks to me..."Reliability" and "Accurate Knowledge" [faithfulness]...he didn't say "truth-speaker" but he might as well have. When you journey to find good guides: truth-speakers, reliable, with accurate knowledge it can be and was for me a long journey.

"All kinds of things we never even dreamed of"...yes...both to help me forgive me...AND them...and hold my own more easily forgiven wrong motives and purposes to the purging fire of God.

Anonymous said...

Tony D Price said...

Just men

Anonymous said...

Deana Furnish Malone said...

love it.

Anonymous said...

Chad Lauderdale said...

In the words of Dr. Paul L. Walker, "Amen Amen and Amen" i use to have sit around when brent and me were kids and he would always wanted to play "church" and he would read dr. walkers sermons lol....me, i wanted to play basketball or cars. when are you coming back in town? done with the musical?

Erik said...

Paul writes it as it is, Amen brother.

The Master makes every judgment. We say what we see, but the revelation and understanding is always at the heart as it communes with The Spirit. Some things we never dream of before become clear as day.

The Master does determine, the only ultimate one, who says 'Well Done'.

What others think is valuable, but not the final Word.

Truth is truth,and we enjoy this always.

The joy that comes with this exceeds all others. So it is perfectly OK to see differently, because God speaks to every heart as it desires.

All deference is given to S/He. We are interpreters, but not the final word, as The Creator gives that into each one. Praise God !

Karl said...

Yep, God has the final word about me...not anyone else.

Discuss what you prefer bish! LOL