Thursday, July 15, 2010

ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE!

"Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised."
(Hebrews 10:35, 36 – AMP)


Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I walk in the confidence that comes from knowing who I am in Christ, that He has made me righteous, and that He wants me to be involved with His plan of redemption for the earth. My heart does not condemn me ("For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God." – 1 John 3:20, 21), so I have confidence before God and, therefore, I have confidence before the people in my world.


Today I will rise above any sense of inadequacy that attempts to paralyze me emotionally, refusing to be intimidated by phony feelings of inferiority that come from needlessly comparing myself with others. I will welcome the creative tension that is a necessary part of the development of a unique vision for my life, instead of just coping with the random and meaningless stress brought about by choosing to live my life according to someone else's vision for my destiny.


Today I will hold my head high ("But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One Who lifts up my head." – Psalm 3:3). I will carry myself with confidence, speak like someone who is successful, walk like a winner, and present myself to the public as one who has a sense of purpose.


Today I will face up to the consequences of my mistakes. I will not run and hide from them like a coward, but I will have the confidence to deal with them head on, doing what I have to do to correct them. If I have done irreparable damage in an area, I will learn from the mistake that I have made, do what I can to contain it, and then move forward to something better and greater.


Today I will have the confidence to admit when I am wrong, making allowances for error without compromising greatness. Greatness is not perfection, and confidence that comes from a false sense of perfection is not real confidence – it is deception. My confidence today will flow from a sense of understanding who I am, knowing my strengths and weaknesses...virtues and flaws...potential and limitations.


Today I will find the balance between Christ-consciousness and self-confidence.


Today I will be strong in the Lord, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me walk in confidence today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

My world perception lately is one of polar opposites being parallel truths...the answer to all my observances/questions seems to be Yes...

Tonight when you said that some take issue with you for saying "I started this church" and they want to correct you and say "God started this church", I say to you why are these two realities different...what makes them "separate"...are they not perceived polar opposites that are actually parallel truths?...

Who told you you were naked?

Anonymous said...

Below is something that flowed out of me on Christmas Eve in 2007. Seems especially relevant again to me now...

There is a covenant body of believers who have been supernaturally led to CITN by the Holy Spirit.

We don't desire recognition, we don't desire praise, we don't desire an award, we don't desire individual honor. Just like God in whose image we are created - we do not desire an ego.

All we want is to honor God in ALL we do.

Honor Him with our giving.
Honor Him with our worship.
Honor Him with our contributions.
Honor Him with our presence in His presence.
Honor Him with our living a Kingdom life.
Honor Him by giving back through our gifts and talents that He has bestowed upon us.
Honor Him by our trust and our belief in who He really is.
Honor Him by always being a willing vessel that He can use as He sees fit.

What we do desire is to live in freedom and liberty and through our testimony show others how this is done.

What we do desire is to always walk in the Spirit every second of every day.

We want God confidence - not self confidence!
We want God sense - not common sense!
We want God dependency - not self dependency!
We want God fulfillment - not self fulfillment!
We want God awareness - not self awareness!
We want God recognition - not self recognition!

We want to BE LOVE!

Anonymous said...

From the last few moments of Monday's Oprah show:

It all boils down to one thing...It is your relationship to the Source and that relationship to that which we call God or don't call God or don't even know is God is all that really matters...When you surrender and stop resisting and stop trying to change that which you can not change but be in the moment, be fully open to the blessings that you have already received and those that are yet to come to you and stand in that space of gratitude and honor and claim that for yourself and look at where you are and how far you've come and what you've gotten and what you've accomplished and who you are - - - when you can claim that and see that, the little vibrations of your life will change, the vibrations of your life will change...

Anonymous said...

The synchronicity of my world continues...link to today's ACIM lesson titled:
It can be but myself I crucify

http://www.themiracletimes.com/acim/lesson_text.php?l=196

Unknown said...

welcome the creative tension...

...that is a necessary part

...of the development

...of a unique vision

...for my life

What a cool phrase that is.
So be it.

Pamela said...

I was telling someone last night, when it says the violent take it by force, I believe is a Boldness, and Confidence that is so powerful that can be taken or compared to violence. It is that 2 edge sword, the power of the word within us that we conquer our fears, our old mindsets, hurts, etc. Through that we stand more uprightly, confident in the Christ within us to accomplish and fulfill our destiny by taking and possessing the territory that God has assigned to us. Our confidence brings the ability to overpower the negative, the junk, etc. This boldness gave you the confidence and the drive to start the church. The great works Christ said we would do, CITN represents that. Yes, you started the church, because it is the essence of the Christ in you to do so. God still gets the glory, there is no reason why the man cannot be proud of his obedience and the fortitude to use his free will, to do what God put in his heart to do. People say God does not like a bragger, but his use of his free will is under his power, which is probable, the only thing he can truly brag about. Sure our desires lining up with God’s definitely has great impact and power. Another argument is free will and the fortitude to walk it out in obedience. Is it true free will, or is it covered in grace to give us strength to do so? (God word will not come back void).

Iris said...

Awesome word "Confidence"... spoken straight to my heart....Thank you...

Iris

Anonymous said...

Taurea Davis said...

LOOOOOVED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik said...

We are confident, We are God's confidence, We are God's fulfillment, We are Christ, We are One, We are One as God is.

We are the expression of God, We are made of pure 100% God, not from concentrate. We are Pur God.

We are our destiny.

Our confidence exceeds scripture. Scripture exists to support Our confidence. It is sacrificed for Us. We are supreme to scripture. It lives to serve Us.

We are created to exceed everything before Us. We are the word of The Creator in every form.

Whomever tries to overcome Us, let them remember who has stood in their way always, and their failures. Let another try first, as they all fall away.

Erik said...

We are here because We are. God is big, more than we can imagine. And still, We are here, with full backing and authority of The Creator who fills us, We are The Creator, since nothing is in Us except The Creator.

Everything we perceive is The Creators perception, and Our perception of The Creator.

Enjoy.

PattiL007 said...

RIGHTEOUS, Boo! Choose THIS DAY life or death, blessing or curse, the Law or the SPIRIT. We are the CREATOR with all the blessings and responsibilities that entails and we must step up and out to take the mantle and move with the cloud...the proceeding Word of God!

Woo Effin' Hoo, Baby! This day I gotta get me some CITN! Looking so forward to seeing the Body Rock The Ghost! BE THERE! If you don't live in GA, I promise you can still be connected and enjoy benefits of membership...see the LIVE STREAM of LIGHT that races and flows from the River of God at CITN. Bask in the glow of it and let it fill you anew...We are Family!

See you all there!
PEACE!