BE...(from today's AYITN)
Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I have been commanded to let my light – my personal, individual and unique light – shine before people in such a way that I would attract them to God's light. In the same way that the moon reflects the light of the sun, and ultimately draws attention to it, I have a purpose in showing my good works – my light – to show that it is God who enables and empowers me to do what I do!
2. When they had all come up higher together, He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying:
3. “Blessed are the poor in spirit – those who have been broken emotionally and whose self-esteem has been severely damaged – for they have the opportunity to rethink their lives, and are in a position to receive total restoration by seeking the kingdom of/from the heavens!
4. “Blessed are those who are in mourning – those whose dreams have been shattered, who have known nothing but heartbreak and disappointment – for they have the promise that they shall be completely comforted!
5. “Blessed are the meek – those who regularly exercise strength under perfect control – for their restraint, humility and self-control will ultimately cause them to literally inherit the earth!
6. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness – the seekers who want more, who refuse to settle for the religious status quo, and who earnestly desire to embrace all truth – for they shall be spiritually satisfied!
7. “Blessed are the merciful – the ones who are quick to forgive and move on, who are slow to judge, and are unwilling to condemn – for they themselves shall obtain mercy in their own lives!
8. “Blessed are the pure in heart – those who do not live by hidden agendas and ulterior motives…the unpretentious…the real people experiencing the real God in the real world – for they shall be able to see God fully and clearly, and without any optical obstruction!
9. “Blessed are the makers and maintainers of peace – the ones who build the bridges, tear down the walls, and are repairers of the breach – for their noble and humanitarian efforts shall cause them to be called the very sons of God!
10. “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake – those who are misunderstood, misquoted and misjudged for their beliefs, and are hated for their stand for the truth – for their clear vision will reveal the kingdom of/from the heavens on the earth!
11. “Blessed are you, even when people revile you and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil things against you, and make up hurtful and ridiculous rumors about you on My account.
(Matthew 5:2-11 - Matthew In The Now)