Sunday, January 2, 2011

“I AM!”

"And God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM.' And He said, ‘Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.'"
(Exodus 3:14)




Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because the same God who revealed Himself to Moses as "I AM" is revealing Himself to me in the same way. He is speaking to me in the now because I live by every word that proceeds from His mouth. I am standing on holy ground today.


Today I will recognize that He is not the "I WAS." Even though He has always been there for me in the past, He is speaking to me in the now. I can only hear His voice in the present – "God is our refuge and strength, a very PRESENT help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1). I will not listen to the voices of regret, bitterness and painful memories. I will not live in a haunted house. My God is the "I AM!"


Today I will recognize that He is not the "I WILL BE." Even though I trust Him with my tomorrow, I will take no thought for it, for His Kingdom only exists in the now (Matthew 6:33, 34). I will not listen to the voices of fear, worry and anxiety. I will not ask for more than my daily bread. My God is the "I AM!"


Today I will let that abide in me which I heard from the beginning (1 John 2:24). I will listen for my eternal voice and live my eternal life. I will not be manipulated or limited by time, but I will locate the eternity that He has planted in my heart, and let it rule my day. One day with me will be as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. Time is irrelevant to the real me today, and yet I will get every necessary thing done on time!


Today I will walk in wholeness by integrating all the parts of my life: past, present and future. Like God, I also "am who I am." I will accept and make peace with my whole life – who I was, and who I will be — for they are both a part of who I am. I will be complete in Him. I will be perfect (mature) and entire, lacking nothing.


Today I will be myself. I will walk in the truth of who I really am. I will not have the need to impress anyone, or to try to gain anyone's approval. I am accepted in the Beloved. I will simply manifest my own uniqueness with no apology. Today, I will let God be God, and He will let me be me.


Today my revelation of God as the "I AM" will give others around me the courage to live in the now. The atmosphere of peace and liberty that my faith will create will encourage them to be who they are. Today I will be a burning bush for them, with God speaking through me, and today I will live in the now!

Father, reveal Yourself to me as the “I AM” in a new way today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: