Friday, January 21, 2011

RELATIONSHIPS NOW!

Today's affirmation from A Year In The Now...


"Consequently, from now on we estimate and regard no one from a [purely] human point of view [in terms of natural
standards of value] . . . ."
(2 Corinthians 5:16 – AMP)























Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because of the covenant relationships in my life and the way that they reveal Jesus to me. The people in my life – family, loved ones, acquaintances, business partners, neighbors, friends (both close and distant), and enemies alike – are all working out a higher purpose in me and, therefore, I will thank God for them all!


Today I will succeed because I walk in love, and love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8). The God-kind of love is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost, and that love will enable me to exist in a supernatural dimension of harmony, forgiveness and grace toward everyone with whom I come into contact.


Today I will enjoy the comfort of friendship. Knowing that "a friend loves at all times . . ." (Proverbs 17:17), I will believe and accept that I am loved. I deserve friends because I have shown myself friendly (18:24), and today my life will be improved because of them, as iron sharpens iron (27:17).


Today I will embrace the benefits of commitment. I will not be hesitant to make a required withdrawal from the lives of those into whom I have made an investment. I will give of myself freely, fully understanding the demands imposed upon me by my relationships, ignoring the risks. I will ask for help when I need it.


Today I will speak the truth in love. ("Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." – Proverbs 27:6) Life is in the power of the tongue, so I will not avoid confrontation when necessary, nor fear possible rejection, because there is no fear in love.


Today I will be unselfish with my time and attention. I will let those who play significant roles in my life know how important they are to me by my words and by my actions. I will be touchable.




Today I will work toward improving my relationship with God, with others, and with myself. My life will be enriched by relating to people. Today I will make a connection, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me to value my relationships today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: