Monday, February 28, 2011

ON TIME!

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in men's hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that man cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end." (Ecclesiastes 3:11 – AMP)



















Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because the God of the NOW, the "I Am," lives in and through me, and He is the Lord of time. One day with Him is as a millennium; because in eternity, where He exists, time is nonexistent . . . eternity is always NOW. Yet He maintains Lordship over time, because in my realm of existence, time is very real, and very important. But, as His will is done in earth as it is in heaven, eternity (now) supersedes and dominates the restraints of earth time, and the workings of His supernatural Kingdom can prevail in my natural life.



















Today I will see beyond the limits of time, and will draw the strength needed to succeed in my endeavors from the eternal life resident in me.






Today I will believe that I receive WHEN I PRAY (Mark 11:24), not having to wait to believe sometime out in the future, when I see the manifestation of the answer to my prayer. "NOW faith is . . ." – hope is in the future, faith is in the now (Hebrews 11:1)!


























Today I will have otherworldly patience, and when I add that patience to my faith, I will inherit the promises of God (Hebrews 6:12)!














Today I will not worry about deadlines – the first shall be last, the last shall be first – if I come to work in the vineyard at the eleventh hour, I will still receive the same wages as those who have labored all day long! He will restore to me the YEARS that the pests in my life have eaten away, and because He is in the now, time is on my side!



















Today I will appreciate the seasonal work of God in my life, believing that He really has made everything beautiful in its time. I will rest in Him when the pace of my progress is unsatisfactory to me, totally trusting in Him, and in His perfect timing for my life.

























Today I will water the eternity that God has planted in my heart with the water of the Word, becoming whole by integrating my past, present, and future under the authority of the timeless Christ. I will be right on time today, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me to stay in sync with Your timing today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

1 comment:

Yeshua21 said...

Here's a somewhat different take on the verse in Ecclesiastes which is still consistent with your overall post--the translation is the NRSV:

"For us to arrive at the truth, then, is in some sense to remember that which we have forgotten or to turn our attention to that of which we have, for a time, become oblivious. This is consistent with a very plausible interpretation of an otherwise obscure passage in Ecclesiastes which seems to be saying that 'whatever God does endures forever' (3:14) but that He has 'put a sense of past and future into [our] minds” such that we “cannot find out what [He] has done from the beginning to the end' (3:11). The veil of time, it seems, renders us oblivious to the true glory and integrity of creation and would seem to be closely related to that which is portrayed in Genesis 3 as the punishment that we incurred after having eaten of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil which resulted in our alienation from God, together with the experience of suffering and death which that entails."

http://jeshua21.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/love-serve-remember/