Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I CAN!

Today's affirmation from A Year In The Now...

"I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am SELF-SUFFICIENT in Christ's sufficiency]."
(Philippians 4:13 – AMP)



Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because, even though I am just one member of Christ's Body, I still have individual significance as a person. "Now you [collectively] are Christ's body and [individually] you are members of it, each part severally and distinct [each with his own place and function]"
(1 Corinthians 12:27 – AMP).
Today I will walk in SELF-AWARENESS, being conscious of my own character, feelings and motives, and the role that I play in God's plan for the earth.


Today I will walk in SELF-CONFIDENCE, assured and courageous, with a genuine sense of SELF-RELIANCE and accomplishment (". . . in quietness and confidence shall be your strength" – Isaiah 30:5).




Today I will walk in the power that comes from a positive SELF-IMAGE. I know who I am, regardless of what people may think or say about me. No one has the authority to define me but God and myself.




Today I will not feel embarrassed about having a high SELF-ESTEEM. I will love my neighbor as I love myself, and love myself as I love my neighbor. I will be good and kind and forgiving to myself today.


Today I will practice SELF-CONTROL, which is the fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:23). I can handle the responsibility of monitoring my external reactions and emotions, being self-disciplined in the power of the Holy Spirit – and I will do so without becoming religious or legalistic.


Today I will let His Kingdom come through my own SELF-SACRIFICE, negating my own interests and wishes in favor of those of others. The Christ in me empowers me to be released to servitude, without losing my sense of identity and importance to the Kingdom of God. I esteem others better than myself (Philippians 2:3).


Today I will celebrate my own SELF-RESPECT by living as the head and not the tail. Today I will honor myself in dignity and integrity, with SELF-REGARD and godly pride, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me to remember that I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 comments:

Karl said...

Mornin' bish! Thanks for the post. I'm glad that we can look out for our own interests as well...as long as I'm also looking out for the interests of others. (Phillipians 2:4)

I think maybe a lot of people have felt that they have to almost completely set aside their own things, but then if that's true, you're not really loving yourself, your life or your uniqueness either.

I read Galatians 5:13,14 earlier where it mentions basically that our living in this freedom of grace is for using it to look for opportunities to serve each other in love...for the entire law being fulfilled in "loving your neighbor, as you love yourself"

I'm realizing that opportunities to show love to myself is just as important and necessary as giving it to someone else...and that it's not only "okay" to do so, but natural to do so...and should I say..."commandment"?

"Knowing me...knowing you" - Abba

Unknown said...

As always, very thought-provoking picture choices...especially where they are placed (or not placed) in the narrative...

...


I confess: I don't listen to Christian radio often...maybe its the "wading through", maybe its like only eating your favorite thing at a restaurant, whatever...

but, thank you, Bishop for your playlist. I'm just hearing Cece Winans Jesus You're Beautiful...which He is. And the song is too...