Monday, May 30, 2011

YOU’RE SPECIAL!

REMEMBER: Church In The Now Midtown's Premier Service is this Thursday evening (June 2) at 7 PM in the Imperial Ballroom of the Biltmore House...enjoy your Memorial Day...here's today's affirmation from A Year In The Now...

"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well." (Psalm 139:13, 14)


Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because there is nobody exactly like me anywhere, nor has there ever been.


Today I will attract uncommon favor to my life — blessed coming in and going out — as people go out of their way to do for me what is out of the ordinary.


Today I will do the rare and unusual, challenging social mores and conventional modes of ministry that attempt to deprive people of their individuality and special-ness. God has called me to confront every system that exalts itself against the knowledge of the God who encourages creativity and applauds originality.


Today I will demonstrate my uniqueness in God by defining my own personal path of destiny, defying the limitations of my ancestral ties, if necessary. My success will openly resist logic, as I allow God to do more for me than I can ask or think, in spite of the negative prophecies spoken by those closest to me.


Today I will have confidence in the importance of my significant contribution to the world. I am supposed to be here. I need to be here. My accomplishments are notable, and my life matters. I will keep moving toward my goals in my own way, breaking the mold if I have to. I will expect the best of myself, as my relationship with my Creator supersedes the traditions of men.


Today I will derive a genuine and workable sense of self-worth by knowing that I am the apple of God's eye. Because of His approval, I am able to face my fears, break new ground, and open new doors for myself. I am ready to go beyond the boundaries of what everyone else expects of me, moving onward and upward, because the power of Christ working in me is bigger than religion, politics, culture, philosophy, doctrines, or anything else that could potentially be binding, limiting, discriminating, narrow, or even mediocre! Christ in me is the hope of glory!


Today I will do something special because I am special, and today I will live in the now!


Father, thank You for creating me in Your image. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: