Today's affirmation from A Year In The Now...
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. (1 Peter 5:7 AMP)
Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:6, 7 AMP)
1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I believe the word of God that tells me that I possess supernatural peace, given to me by Jesus Himself; in fact, it is actually His own, personal peace that He desires to share with me!
2. Today I will not worry about tomorrow. The Kingdom is in the NOW (Matthew 6:33, 34).
3. Today I will relax, casting all of my care on Him.
4. Today I will believe I receive when I pray. I can’t worry and believe at the same time.
5. Today I will let go of the stress and pressure. The government is on Jesus’ shoulder.
6. Today I will respond to whatever comes my way with these three words: “It’s all good!” God is perfecting that which concerns me, so I know that everything will always, ultimately, turn out all right with His help.
7. Today I will choose the good part and sit down with “laid-back Mary” at the feet of Jesus instead of working up a sweat in the kitchen trying to help “stressed-out Martha” get her dinner ready! I don’t have to worry about preparing a meal because Jesus is the Bread of Life—the Manna from Heaven! Today I will walk in the peace that passes understanding, and today I will live in the now!
Father, help me to keep it all in perspective today. In Jesus’ name, amen.