Monday, December 26, 2011

TODAY'S 'A Year In The Now'

THE KING!


NOW I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse.  And he Who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.  His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns.  He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.  He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.  And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.  NOW out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations.  And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron.  He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”  (Revelation 19:11-16)

1. Today I will live in the now!  I will live in the now because I confess that Jesus Christ is both Lord and King!  His many names describe and define His perfectly multi-faceted nature and character, shown to me in every day of my life.  I worship the One Who is called Faithful and celebrate His great faithfulness to me today (“Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.  They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness” –Lamentations 3:22, 23).  I will worship the One Who is called True (“For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations” –Psalm 100:5).

2. Today I will worship the One Who has a name written that no one knows but Himself.  I will not be religiously smug or pompous enough to claim that I know everything about Him or that I (or my system of fellowship) own the sole rights of access to Him.  There is certainly more to the great King than what I know about or than anyone else knows about!  His revelation will be ongoing and eternally progressive, and it is bigger and grander than the knowledge of men who know in part and prophesy in part.

3. Today I will worship and pay homage to the One Who is called the Word of God (“In the beginning [before all time], was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself” – John 1:1 AMP)
.
4. Today I will worship, as a king myself, the One Who is called the King of Kings.

5. Today I will worship, as a lord myself, the One Who is called the Lord of Lords.

6. Today I will worship, without fear or dread, the One Who rules with a rod of iron.

7. Today I will follow Him into battle on the white horse of my own personal experience with Him.  I will see the King today, and today I will live in the now!

Reign on, King Jesus!  Long live the King!  Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dennis L. Hall said...

Amen! Now that will preach! :-)