This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I understand and appreciate the energizing power of rejoicing in the now. Today I joyfully celebrate the present and all of the possibilities that it presents. I exercise my will—I will rejoice, and I WILL be glad in this day! Today I choose to wear the garment of praise instead of the spirit of heaviness. I choose happiness! I choose joy!
2. Today I will resist the temptation to whine, complain, murmur, grumble, mourn, lament, moan and groan, be depressed, feel sorry for myself, feel down and out, feel dejected, feel discontented, feel oppressed, be sad or even be in a bad mood. Instead, my merry heart will do me good like a medicine…I will glory in my infirmities (for when I am weak, then I am strong)...I will count it all joy when I fall into various trials...I will leap for joy at persecution...the joy of the Lord will be my strength!
3. Today I will laugh, finding the humor in my current situations. I will recognize what is funny, and I will not hesitate to enjoy it. I will not waste today by living in regret, but with joy I will draw water out of the wells of salvation. I will even find the proper way to appreciate the absurd and the ridiculous. I will let God use the foolish things of the world to confound the wise around me.
4. Today I will enter the Kingdom by becoming like a little child...laughing... playing... having fun...not taking life too seriously. I will make the effort to enjoy my day. I will smile at people. I will be a pleasure to be with. People will enjoy my company today because my joy will be both attractive and infectious. I will be a blessing to others.
5. Today, for the joy that is set before me, I will endure my cross. I will know the reality of the resurrection and, therefore, will see no situation as hopeless. Life will always triumph over death. I will celebrate my life. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead will live big in me today!
6. Today I will be optimistic. I will see the glass half full. I will think positively. I will think on those things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of a good report. I will walk in the Mind of Christ. I will be proactive in dealing with the people around me and with all of their issues. My joyful mind will cause me to think like a winner!
7. Today I will be thankful to God and grateful for my life. I will make melody in my heart to the Lord in an attitude of praise and worship. I will be renewed by the refreshing laughter of Christ in my spirit. This is my day that the Lord has made - I will rejoice and be glad in it and, today, I will live in the now!
Father, help me to remember to rejoice today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.