13. Now when Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He called His disciples together and pointedly asked them, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”
14. And they answered, “Well, some say that You are the reincarnation of John the Baptist, or even that of Elijah; and others believe that you are Jeremiah of old, miraculously appearing in this present time, or that You are a modern manifestation of one of the other prophets.”
15. With no surprise at their answers, or response to their observations, He pressed them further, asking, “But who do you, yourselves, say that I am?”
16. Simon Peter, almost always the first one of them to speak up, replied, “I say that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God!”
17. Then Jesus answered him, “You are truly blessed, Simon, Son of Jonah, because flesh and blood, or natural, human reasoning, has not revealed this to you. You have gained this insight through tapping into the perspective and paradigm of My Father Who is in the heavenly dimension.
18. And since My Father has revealed to you Who I really am, I'm going to reveal to you who you really are. So I tell you, your name is now Peter/Rock, or as the Greeks say, ‘Petros’ (the masculine form of the word ‘Petra’). In other words, others may see you merely as a rolling stone, but you are cut from The Rock, or the ‘PETRA’, nonetheless; and it’s on this Rock…this massive formation like the Rock of Gibraltar…that I will build My Church! Yes, My Church will be built on a mammoth, unshakable, and unmovable revelation of the I AM, from which you have spoken…and the gates of death, and of everything else from the dark side of the unseen realm (or ‘Hades’, as the Greeks call it in their mythology), shall not be able to overpower it, or be strong enough to hold out against the magnitude of it!”
19. And through this revelation, I will give people like you the very Keys of the Kingdom of/from the heavens. So with this power to unlock or lock up heaven on earth, as it were, whatever you declare to be improper and unlawful in this dimension, must be what is already declared improper and unlawful in the heavenly realm. In the same way, whatever you declare to be lawful on earth must be the standard norm in the heavenly realm. You can actually bind or loose…forbid or permit…lock or unlock…with the authority that comes from these revelation-keys!
20. Then He strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that He was Jesus, the Christ, so that each individual would have to know Him by their own revelation, as well, and not by means of hearing it from “flesh and blood”.