46. Then they came to Jericho, and spent some time there. But as Jesus and His disciples were leaving the city, they passed a blind man by the name of Bartimaeus, which means "son of Timaeus", sitting by the roadside, begging.
47. When Bartimaeus heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout out as loud as he could, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"
48. And many who were in the crowd following Jesus immediately rebuked him, and told him to shut up. But he ignored them and shouted even more loudly, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"
49. Jesus stopped and said, "Don't shut him up...call him over here!" So they called to the blind man, "Hey, beggar man, things are looking up for you! Get up on your feet...Jesus is calling for you!"
50. Instantly the man tore off his coat, jumped to his feet and found his way over to Jesus.
51. "OK...what do you want Me to do for you, friend?" Jesus asked him. The blind man said, "Teacher, I want to see!"
52. "All right, then...go!" said Jesus, "Your own faith has healed you!" And immediately Bartimaeus received his sight, and began following Jesus along the road with everyone else.