1. As Jesus was leaving the Temple area that day, one of his disciples said to Him, “Teacher, just look at these magnificent buildings with their imposing and impressive architecture!
2. Jesus replied, "You may be rightfully impressed with what you see before you...the Temple is, indeed, something to behold. But the truth is, there is not one stone in that building that is not going to end up in a pile of rubble when this city is destroyed."
3. Later, Jesus sat alone on The Mount of Olives across the valley from the Temple. And Peter, James, John, and Andrew came to Him and said,
4. "Tell us more about the destruction of the Temple that you mentioned before. When are these things going to happen? Will that be the sign of the completion and consummation of this age and era?”
5. Jesus said to them, “Take care that no one deceives or misleads you on these points…understand these beginning events which mark the period between My resurrection and the Temple’s destruction…
6. For during this time many will come in falsehood, claiming, ‘I, alone, am the Christ’, and these deceivers will lead many away from the truth of Who and what the Christ is, in reality.
7. And during this time you will hear of wars and threats of wars…see that you don’t panic, because this must take place…wars will come and go as they always have…but the end of the age is not yet.
8. Nation will fight against nation…ruler will fight against ruler…earthquakes will occur in various places, as well as famines, as they always have. But this is only the first of the birth pangs…the beginning of a new order.
9. These events are a part of the natural flow of things, but when they begin to happen, pay attention to their significance! It means that some of you will be handed over to suffer affliction and tribulation, and will literally be beaten in the synagogues. You will stand trial before governors and kings because you are My followers, but this can be your opportunity to demonstrate the power of the Gospel.
10. For this Gospel…this good news of the Kingdom…will be preached throughout the entire, known world as a testimony to all the nations.
11. But when you are arrested and stand trial, don’t worry in advance about what you’re going to say. Just say what God tells you at that time…speak in the now…for it will not be just you speaking, but the Holy Spirit with, in, and through you.”