39. So Mary, realizing that the big picture of this miracle involved much more than just what was happening in her, wasted no time in making her way into the hill country to a town of Judah.
40. And when she got there she went immediately to the house of Zachariah and, entering it, called out with great excitement for her cousin, Elizabeth.
41. Now she was in another part of the house, but at the instant in which she heard the sound of Mary's voice, the baby in her womb very forcefully jolted, and when this occurred, Elizabeth was filled, energized and thoroughly permeated with the power of Holy Spirit.
42. And this simultaneously spiritual and physical action and reaction somehow released a prophetic cry out of Elizabeth, as she approached Mary, and exclaimed to her, "Blessed! Favored of God above all other women are you! And blessed and favored of God is the supernatural Fruit of your womb!
43. And how is it that I have been so honored as to have the very mother of my Lord come and visit me?"
44. My dear, the very instant the sound of your sweet voice reached my ears, the baby in my womb literally leaped for joy!"
45. Then she went on to say, "Blessed is she who believed, without reservation, the creative word of the Lord...impossible as it may seem in the natural realm...unexpected as it most certainly was...you are forever blessed simply for believing!"
46. At these words, the music of Mary's internal praise and thanksgiving was released into an audible anthem of adoration, and for the first time she fully acknowledged the enormity of what was happening. She sang out, exuberantly, "My soul...my internal self...magnifies and worships the Lord,
47. And my spirit...the very essence of my eternal self...rejoices in God my Savior,
48. For He has looked upon the very simple and seemingly unimportant little life of His handmaiden, and has created an entirely different existence for her. From now on, all generations...all ages...will call me blessed, and will recognize the very special and unique place that I will hold throughout all of human history!
49. For He Who is absolutely almighty has done great things for me...and holy is His name...excellent is His reputation!
50. And His mercy...His compassion...His kindness toward the disenfranchised and the forgotten...the ones who think and feel that they are completely invisible...is on those who worship Him with a sense of awe, from generation to generation and age to age.
51. He has flexed the mighty muscle of His arm...He has scattered the abusers of the defenseless through sheer intimidation, exposing and thwarting the imaginations of their hearts.
52. He has put out of position the seemingly invincible ones, and has promoted those whose value has been hidden to the public eye.
53. He has filled and satisfied the hungry with delicious things, and the rich who have built their fortunes on the backs of the oppressed He has sent away empty-handed.
54. He has embraced and supported His servant Israel to help him, to remind him of His mercy,
55. Just as He promised our forefathers...to Abraham and to his descendants forever.
56. When Mary finished the song, she decided to stay with Elizabeth for a while, and so she did for about three months, and then returned to her own home.