Wisdom has built her house...hewn out and set up her seven [perfect number of] pillars. She has killed her beast...mixed her [spiritual] wine...set her table...sent out her maids to cry...“Whoever is simple...turn in here!”...[God’s] Wisdom says to him, “Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the [spiritual] wine which I have mixed...[forsake the foolish and simple-minded] and live!...Walk in the way of insight and understanding.” (Proverb 9:1-6 AMP)
You have within you the Spirit of wisdom (Isaiah 11:2)—wisdom is the ability to use knowledge correctly—Jesus is made unto you wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30) and you are daily growing in it and in revelation (“For I always pray...that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him...” Ephesians 1:17 - AMP).
Wisdom has built her house on seven pillars, and a well-rounded life in Christ comes from embracing each of them.
1. Walk in the KNOWLEDGE OF GOD (2 Peter 1:2; Philippians 3:3-10). It’s not enough to just know about God…you have to make the effort to get to know Him, and that comes from spending time with Him, communicating with Him on a regular basis, and experiencing a continual manifestation of His presence. God wants to be known, and you can know Him!
2. Walk in the KNOWLEDGE OF HIS PLANS AND PURPOSES. He made his ACTS known to the children of Israel, but He made His WAYS known to Moses (Psalm 103:7). Learning the ways of God is far superior to simply being aware of His acts!
3. Walk in the KNOWLEDGE OF THE SCRIPTURES. Study to show yourself approved unto God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed of his ignorance. Learn to rightly divide the logos Word so that you are able to receive the rhema word (2 Timothy 2:15). Wisdom is found in the written Word!
4. Walk in the KNOWLEDGE OF LIFE—the kind that only comes by experience—by learning through trial and error…from your own mistakes…and by graduating maturely and soberly from the school of hard knocks. Jesus LEARNED obedience through the things He suffered (Hebrews 5:8)…Paul LEARNED how to be abased and how to abound (Philippians 4:11). Each new day is a learning opportunity if you know how to look at it correctly!
5. Seek to grasp a KNOWLEDGE OF PEOPLE so that you can deal wisely with them. (“But Jesus [for His part] did not trust Himself to them, because He knew all men...He Himself knew what was in human nature [He could read men’s hearts].” – John 2:24, 25 AMP). Be wise as a serpent/harmless as a dove…be people-smart!
6. Embrace the KNOWLEDGE OF SELF—the truth that God desires truth in the inward parts (Psalm 51:6). Find your true self in the revelation of Christ…the more you know Him, the more you’ll know you!
7. Love PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE—to be, like Moses, “mighty in words and deeds” (Acts 7:22). Remember that knowledge is power!