Wednesday, August 11, 2010

SELF-SUFFICIENT!

Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful [joyous, "prompt-to-do-it") giver [whose heart is in his giving]. And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need, be SELF-SUFFICIENT [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]." (2 Corinthians 9:7, 8 – AMP)

"I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I AM SELF-SUFFICIENT IN CHRIST'S SUFFICIENCY]." (Philippians 4:13 – AMP)


Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I have learned how to depend on the Christ in me to bring me through the events of the day with obvious success.


Today I will appreciate the power of the prayer of agreement, but I will remain confident in the fact that I can pray for myself – by myself – if I have to.


Today I will take to heart words of encouragement from others, but I will remember that I can encourage myself if no one else is around to edify me.


Today I will be blessed and honored by the support of my peers, but, ultimately, I will believe in myself whether anyone else believes in me or not.


Today I will enjoy the company of friends and loved ones if possible, but I will equally enjoy my own company if they are not available.


Today I will participate in the anointing of corporate worship if the situation presents itself, but I will singularly worship the Lord in spirit and in truth if it doesn't.


Today I will remember that I am never alone because Jesus has promised to be with me always, even to the ends of the earth. I can depend on myself because I depend on Him. I will expect this day to be great, whether I am in a crowd or by myself, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me to be self-sufficient in You today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

5 comments:

Pamela H said...

Love it! - thanks Bishop!

Unknown said...

Ditto, Pam.

There are a LOT of profound insights and declarations in AYITN, but if I had to pick a favorite day, this would be it.

Progressing from the dependent state, where we all begin, to the independent state of self-suffiency, it is easy to think independence is the "ideal" and lose sight of the step into the beautiful interdependent state of sufficiency in Christ's sufficiency.

In it simplicity, this day of declarations is a pillar. It hints at the progression of growth that brings us to the prosperity of life and happiness--with the bonus of all-sufficient provision.

I love how this day's affirmations hint at it all...including our interdependency with the Christ--in human form or in the sign-filled heavens.

Sweet!

Northern Light said...

Even the pics fit like perfectly placed puzzle pieces to the statements they accompany. It has been a week of such thinking for me, and the truth is...you can be alone in the company of others and feel more "with" when by yourself. Of course, the best by far moments this week have been when I may appear to be alone, but I am NOT, because it is then that I am the closest to and spending the most time with HIM ! Amen ~

Looking so forward to tonight, streaming service; where again, it may "appear" as if I'm my living room, alone, looking at the computer, but oh no...I am SO THERE in Spirit, and so close to HIM and to all of my CITN fam, as best as it can be today. Love it.

Peace,
Northern Light

Anonymous said...

Lady Justice said...

What an honor. What a privilege. What a fellowship. What a joy, Divine.

Anonymous said...

Taurea Davis said...

Cool!