Monday, January 10, 2011

KEEP MOVING!

"For in Him we . . . move . . . ."
(Acts 17:28)


Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I am moving . . . I am mobile . . . I am not stuck in the past. In Him I live, and MOVE, and have my being. My life is a river, not a stagnant pool. My life is a road . . . a path . . . a highway – not a parking lot. I understand why the windshield in my car is much bigger than the rearview mirror . . . it is much more important for me to see where I am going, than for me to see where I have been!


Today I will keep pace with God. I will move with the cloud. I will not lag behind Him, nor will I run out ahead of Him. I will run WITH the vision for my life. I understand the importance of timing – His timing. He makes all things beautiful in His time. In am in sync with Him, moving in tandem to his direction for my destiny.


Today my steps are ordered by the Lord. I will move by His leading. I will not dismiss His "miracles in the now" (no matter how seemingly insignificant they may presently be) as mere coincidence or chance. I do not experience flukes. I am not "lucky." Rather, I progress daily as I move up in God, going from glory to glory, being conformed to His image. I am led by the Spirit of God, and am a son of God.


Today I will accept the fact that movement inevitably brings change. I will appreciate the seasons of my life. I will release from unrealistic expectations, those who cannot – or will not – change with me. I will be responsible for my own movement, and will allow others in my life to move at their own pace, without my judgment.


Today I will relish the excitement of not knowing every detail of my journey ("By faith Abraham . . . went out, not knowing where he was going" – Hebrews 11:8), but will simply rejoice in the fact that I am in motion. I will welcome the adventure, trusting the Good Shepherd to lead the way. I will go with the flow without question or hesitation ("The wind blows where it wishes . . ." – John 3:8), knowing that I am a visionary, not a vagabond. My movement has meaning. My path has purpose.




















Today I will discern the necessity of baby steps. If my progress is incremental, I will not despise the day of small things, but will be encouraged that some movement is better than no movement at all. He who began a good work in me will complete it as the A and the Z, the author and the finisher of my faith.


Today my youth will be renewed because I keep moving . . . growing . . . learning . . . changing. Movement keeps me vital and involved with the work of God in the now. My finger is on the pulse of Christ's living body. No matter how tempted I may be to stay where I am, today I will keep moving, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me to keep moving today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: