Thursday, February 3, 2011

ENJOY TODAY!

Today's affirmation from A Year In The Now...


"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right NOW, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." (Matthew 6:34 – The Message)



Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I am focused on this 24-hour period, and on how I can make it the best that it can be. I will seize the day and live it to the fullest. I will enjoy my life because I can enjoy my day.
















Today I will enjoy my work. I will not simply endure it, but will be thankful for the opportunity that it affords me. I will take pride in the work of my hands, finding a sense of fulfillment in the contribution that I make to the world. I will act on these words: "Servants, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not only when their eyes are on you, as pleasers of men, but in simplicity of purpose [with all your heart] because of your reverence for the Lord and as a sincere expression of your devotion to Him" (Colossians 3:22 – AMP).



Today I will enjoy my family and friends, just as they are. I will love them unconditionally, and thank God for who they are, without feeling the need to try to change them.




Today I will enjoy my leisure time. I will be good to myself, enjoy some well-deserved fun, and will not feel guilty about just relaxing and taking some time off.



















Today I will enjoy nature. "The heavens declare the glory of God . . ." (Psalm 19:1), so I will pay attention to God's beautiful creation and to what it speaks to me. I will breathe some fresh air, listen to a bird sing, and maybe even watch a sunset.


Today I will enjoy my environment. I will appreciate my home, my city, my country, etc. I will take care of what God has entrusted to me.


Today I will enjoy the presence of God. I will spend some quality time simply worshipping and communing with Him today, with no request or petition. I was created for His pleasure; so today I will be a pleasure for Him to be with. I will rest well tonight, because of how well I have enjoyed today, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me to enjoy my day today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: