Sunday, August 14, 2011

CELEBRATE DIVERSITY!

The affirmation for August 15 from A Year In The Now...



In this new life one’s nationality or race or education or social position is unimportant; such things mean nothing. Whether a person has Christ is what matters, and He is equally available to all.
(Colossians 3:11 Living Bible)

1.Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I can confidently celebrate my complete freedom from prejudice, bigotry and all forms of narrow-mindedness. Because I understand the beauty of the diversity of the people of the earth—the spectrum of individuality that God has created for His world--I can enjoy life to the fullest. Diversity is a part of the natural order of things—as natural as the colors of the rainbow or the infinite number of shapes, shadows and shades of spring flowers or autumn leaves. God is good and so is His creation.


2.Today I will recognize that diversity brings new solutions - Kingdom solutions - to the ever-transient environment. I will appreciate the individuality of others, as well as that of my own, because God has called us all to rise above the uninteresting and limiting parameters of sameness. “Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually”
(1 Corinthians 12:27).


3.Today I will exalt life by exalting diversity with all of the opportunities that it presents. I will do what I can to pull down the strongholds of intolerance and division when and where I can, taking dominion and overcoming evil with good!

4.Today, when I look at people, I will be able to see beyond their natural, fleshly appearance.
“Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer” (2 Corinthians 5:16).
Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart, so today I will choose to see things in the world from God’s perspective.





5.Today I will live and let live, look for the best in others and will love people unconditionally because there is no fear in love. Perfect love casts out fear!

6.Today I will treat everyone with the respect that they deserve. I will do unto others as I would have them do unto me and, in so doing, I will show respect for myself and, ultimately, for the Creator of all the people of the earth.

7.Today I will show the real Jesus to the real world, and today I will live in the now!



Father, help me to be a bridge-builder today. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments: