Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MENTAL HEALTH!: Today's Affirmation from A Year In The Now

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a SOUND MIND (2 Timothy 1:7)


1.Today I will live in the now!  I will live in the now because the God Who has recreated my spirit is renewing my mind and restoring my soul.  It is written: “Fear not, for you shall not be ashamed; neither be confounded and depressed, for you shall not be put to shame.  For you shall forget the shame of your youth, and you shall not [seriously] remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore” (Isaiah 54:4 AMP).


2.Today I will be far from oppression or any other dark thing that tries to come against my mind.  It is written: “You shall establish yourself in righteousness (rightness, in conformity with God’s will and order): you shall be far even from the thought of oppression or destruction, for you shall not fear, and from terror, for it shall not come near you” (Isaiah 54:14 AMP).


3.Today I will walk in the light of the glory of God, and that light will shine into every remote corner of my mind and will bring revelation, clarity and understanding to me concerning my circumstances.  It is written: “ARISE [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you—rise to new life]!  Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you!” (Isaiah 60:1 AMP).


4.Today I will remain stable, settled and stress-free, even in the midst of confusion and insanity all around me, by keeping my mind stayed on God.  It is written: “You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You” (Isaiah 26:3 AMP).


5.Today I will meditate the Word of God, and whatever is good and edifying, I will “think on these things” (Philippians 4:8 KJV).


6.Today I will think positively and remain optimistic, regardless of the influence of negative people in my life.


7.Today I will walk in the blessings of the Mind of Christ, and today I will live in the now!

Father, help me to hold it together today.  In Jesus’ name, amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that your teachings are not always really good...but the thing that has spoken the most to me this week was a sign on a local rural traditional church that says...

God says repent, not repeat...

For some reason this struck a chord with me as I am very excited about creating something entirely different and new in my reality - no longer desire a rerun of my metaphorical yesterdays...

I am excited about the message that God has entrusted to our "Community In the Now"...
I feel like not only are we no longer living in sin consciousness or devil consciousness or using the Bible as a weapon, but we are also on the leading edge of not even using God as a weapon...controlling and manipulating our version of good behavior (based on our perception of our created God) by deeming what is appropriate and what isn't according to God's rules...hmmmmmmm...think I'll leave the controlling and manipulating up to God and just MMOB (mind my own business)...WOW...that's a lot more fun and epitomizes the "my yoke is easy and my burden is light" thing.

Unknown said...

Illustrated AYITN days are part of my mental health regimen...I've even printed some of the pictures that really speak to me and put them in my hard copy...

And, it appears I've been coming here by phone too much. Just noticed the video playlist...no clue when it first arrived, but finding it today was very (ok, I'll add another "very") cool!

note: isn't the new video list by "mixpod"? it's been a while since wordver chastised me, but today its right... "podlate"-- point received, w.v., and thanks for being gentle.