22. Then they brought him a man who was under the control of a spirit of blindness, and was also mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see.
23. All the people were impressed to the point of astonishment and said, "Could this be the Son of David?"
24. But when the typically cynical Pharisees heard this, they dismissed it and said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies, that this charlatan exorcises spirits."
25. Jesus saw right through them, knowing what they were thinking, and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.
26. If Beelzebub drives out Beelzebub, he is divided against himself. How then can he maintain his domain over the flies of the dunghill?
27. And if I expel darkness by his authority, then how do your exorcists drive it out? So then, they will be your judges.
28. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out darkness, then the now-ness of the Kingdom of God has been revealed to you.
29. How can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions without first tying up the strong man? Then his house can be plundered.
30. Whoever is not in the flow with Me rejects the authority of My Kingdom – and My authority over darkness sets the captive free. So if you're not helping to bring about Kingdom purposes, you're making things worse for everybody.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
MITN XII, Verses 22 - 30
Hey bloggers...here are verses 22 - 30...I'll have the rest of the chapter posted by tomorrow...speaking of tomorrow, the service at CITN is going to be very powerful...you need to be ITB for the full impact...I've used this Jesus picture before, but I love the portrayal of Him as light...enjoy!