27. Then Jesus went on with His disciples to the villages of Caesarea Philippi, and on the way He said to them, "I want to ask you something...who do people say that I am?"
28. And without even having to think about how to answer Him they said, "Well, generally, people say that You're the reincarnation of John, the Baptizer...but others think and say that You're Elijah, appearing in the now...and still others just believe and declare that You're 'one of the seers.'"
29. Then He responded to them, "All right...so who do you yourselves say that I am? And, without missing a beat, Peter spontaneously replied to Him, "You are the Christ...the Anointed One!"
30. But He warned them to keep this revelation quiet...not to even breathe a word of it.
31. Then He went right into teaching and explaining to them that it was necessary for the Son of Man to experience an ordeal of suffering, to be tested and rejected by the elders, priests and other religious leaders...and to be ultimately put to death. He also revealed that after three days He would rise again.
32a. And He took His time in spelling all this out for them, speaking very plainly and explicitly, making sure that they fully grasped what He was actually saying...