28. And as I serve you, I also honor and bless you for standing by Me in all My trials...you were more or less apprehended by this whole thing...plucked out of your normal, natural lives, and thrust into the supernatural realm, and all that it entails...and yet you have stuck with Me through thick and thin.
29. That's why I confer on you all a Kingdom...just as My Father conferred one on Me.
30. And all twelve of you will eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones with Me, leading and guiding even those outside of the Kingdom...those who are represented by the twelve Tribes of Israel.
31. Then Jesus spoke to Peter, calling him by his natural, pre-revelation name, saying, "Simon, Simon...satan has asked permission to sift you as wheat.
32. And permission has been granted him...you will, indeed, be sifted in the next few hours. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail, and that through this sifting process, the 'Simon' in you will be removed, and 'Peter, the Rock', will finally emerge, fully intact. As I have said before...one man will be taken, and one man will be left behind. And when the chaff of Simon is gone, and the wheat of Peter is defined and refined, go back and strengthen your brothers."
33. But this concept basically went over his head, and he replied, "Lord, I don't know about satan's request, and I don't understand all this talk of sifting, but You should know that I'm ready right now to go with You to prison...I'm even prepared to follow You to death."
34. But Jesus, declaring the end from the beginning, called him Peter again, and said, "Buddy, I know that you think you mean that. But I tell you, Peter, that before the rooster crows this morning, you will deny three times that you even know Me."
35. Then Jesus asked them all, "When I sent you out with nothing but the internal, spiritual gifts that had been imparted to you, did you lack any physical thing?" "No...not a thing," they answered.
36. "Well", He said to them, "now, if you have some things to help you get by, take them with you...and if you don't have a sword, pawn your coat and buy one.
37. It is written: 'And He was numbered with the rebels'...and I tell you that this Scripture must be confirmed in Me. Please try to understand that what is written about Me is about to be fulfilled."
38. The disciples said, "Look here, Lord, we already have two swords among us."
"Well, on second thought", He said, "that's probably enough protection for you...and that's really enough talk about it."
39. Then Jesus went out to the Mount of Olives, as He had been doing every night for a while, and His disciples followed Him there.
40. Once they were at the desired spot, He said to them, "Pray that you will remain strong, especially in the next few hours."
41. Then He walked a short distance away from them, and knelt down and prayed, saying,
42 "Father, if there is any alternative at this hour to what is already unfolding, then take this cup away from Me...but that is the Son of Man in His humanity speaking...the Son of God, in His divinity says, 'never mind what the voice of human, self-preservation says'...may Your will be done in this."
43. And immediately a ministering spirit from the heavenly realm manifested to Him, and assisted Him in His transition from flesh to spirit.
44. But the process was difficult...painful...and His mind kept going in and out of the revelation of the Divine Purpose. So, being in anguish as the temporal engaged in fierce battle with the eternal, He prayed even more earnestly. And as He contended with the conflict between His two worlds...His two realities...the struggle caused His perspiration to morph into drops of blood. But as He gradually and ultimately yielded to the Will of Love, He began to bleed the atonement...before He was scourged...before He was beaten...before He was wounded. He bled because He said 'yes'.
45. And with this final resolution, He rose from prayer and went back to His disciples, but found them asleep...filled with wine, and exhausted from sorrow.
46. "Why are you sleeping?" He asked them. "Get up and pray that you will remain strong!"