Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Only Get to Use This One Every Four Years


AYITN February 29:

 CREATION’S LONGING!


All around we observe a pregnant creation.  The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs.  But it’s not only around us; it’s within us.  The Spirit of God is arousing us within.  We’re also feeling the birth pangs.  These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance.  That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother.  We are enlarged in the waiting.  We, of course, don’t see what is enlarging us.  But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. 
(Romans 8:22-25 The Message)


1.Today I will live in the now!  I will live in the now because the Holy Spirit is actively in the process of working to reveal my true identity as a manifested son of God in the earth.  I am aware that something is developing and maturing on the inside of me that is real and alive, and it is increasing in the now!

2.Today I will walk in the revelation that the whole creation of irrational creatures has been moaning together in pains of labor until now, and not only the creation, but I too, groan inwardly.  Because I have and enjoy the first fruits of the Spirit, I continually experience a foretaste of blissful things to come that causes me to wait expectantly for the redemption of my body from sensuality and the grave.

3.Today I will not attempt to resist the emergence of the real me, as I begin to finally live my life from the inside out.  The concept of existing in the eternal present is becoming less abstract to me, and the infilling of the Holy Spirit is becoming more important and precious to me every day, as He produces in me the reality of sonship that cries “Abba! Father!”

4.Today I will communicate a certain confidence that comes from comprehending that I am a child of the Creator and, therefore, I am His heir, which makes me a fellow heir with Christ.  Knowing that I share Christ’s inheritance with Him enables me to gladly share His suffering because I also share His glory!

5.Today I will not allow myself to become frustrated in waiting for my personal manifestation of God’s will, because waiting is a necessary part of the birth process.  The waiting is not decreasing the quality of my life in any way - on the contrary, I am being increased by it!  Through faith and patience I inherit the promises, and while faith is coming to me by hearing the word, patience is being developed in me by counting it all joy!


6.Today I will walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.


7.Today I will intercede harmoniously with the rest of creation for the Kingdom to come, and today I will live in the now!



Father, help me to pray Your will today.  In Jesus’ name, amen.



No comments: